Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SLJ is reading my mind

What, am I their poster girl this month? Sorry, I'm just really into my professional literature. Anyway, there's an article about putting your list of YA-books-to-read aside, and reading something for adults. Which is what I've been casually planning to do for a while. So I'm declaring March Children's Book Hiatus Month, and I need suggestions for my adult reading pleasure. I'm particularly interested in stuff than came out this year and titles I can recommend to attractive guys who ask for reader's advisory. Just kidding. Sort of. I'm not above resorting to Novelist, but I like the personal touch. So, what's good?

3 comments:

Andria said...

The Abstinence Teacher-- Tom Perotta. Might be kind of hard to get your hands on, I was on hold for it for about 3 months first... Anything by Richard Russo will be wonderful. Frankly, I have no idea what you like that isn't teen, oh no

xemilyx said...

I have no idea what I like anymore, either! But you're the second person to put in a good word for Richard Russo, so I'm going to have to look at Empire Falls--aren't they making a movie of it? Or am I making that up?

Anonymous said...

Well, as a librarian myself, I rarely have time to read as much as I would like. Here's a list of literary thrillers UNH Manchester is highlighting this semester for their
Books in the Mill
series. Also with an entertaining library theme, how about The Time Traveler's Wife: A novel.