Monday, September 10, 2007

Books that have been stolen in the last two months

Obviously, this list is not comprehensive, but I went looking for a couple books today--only to discover that (alas!) they had gone astray. Since we all know that "missing" status is one indicator of popularity, I figured this was worth sharing:

Suitcase, by Mildred Pitts Walter.
The Moves Make the Man, by Bruce Brooks.
The Skin I'm In, by Sharon Flake.
The Greatest: Muhammad Ali, by Walter Dean Myers.
Don't Let the Pigeons Drive the Bus, by Mo Willems.

I assume some of them were on summer reading lists--like The Greatest. But still.

And of course, the book Hold My Gold: the White Girls' Guide to the Hip-Hop World remains M.I.A., apparently never to be replaced. Sigh. Now how will I learn the correct translation of the following phrase?

    1 "Yo, less twiss a la."
    A. "Man, do I love Boca Burgers!"
    B. "I'd like a little less foam in my Grande skim latte."
    C. "Is that frozen yogurt fat-free?"
    D. "Hey! Let's roll a marijuana cigarette!"

No comments: